This page shows the returns of my directly invested portfolio, since the start of 2013. There is a live feed below to a Google Spreadsheet which tracks my returns in real time – it can take a few seconds to load.
For information on how this portfolio is managed, see my Investment Policy Statement. Points to note:
- I track my portfolio in GBP, using the prevailing currency rates.
- Some accounts have delayed reporting so these figures are subject to change after a few weeks. Anything older than four months ago is locked down.
- I unitise the portfolio, which strips out the effect of additions or withdrawals. The spreadsheet that I use for this is described in two posts here and here.
- These returns are net of fees and withholding taxes, but before any year-end additional taxes are paid (which I pay out of other funds).
- The graph above shows what would happen if £1m had been invested at the start of 2013 and had received the same returns each month as a ‘unit’ of my own portfolio.
Returns by month since inception
Leverage by month since 2015
With thanks to bogleheads.org for the spreadsheet and methodology.